Please observe these rules:
- Only add comments (or revise your own comments), don't change anything else.
- Precede each comment you add with an asterisk.
- End each comment with three tildes in a row. (Some comments survive from a previous version, by James B. Posey (Jim) and Alec McClay (Alec))
- Use PRO to abbreviate "prohibited" and NOX for "noxious".
- If you are using criteria other than the AIPC recommended criteria, explain what they are and your reasons for using them.
- 1 Velvet-leaf Abutilon theophrasti
- 2 Manitoba Maple Acer negundo
- 3 Norway Maple Acer platanoides
- 4 Yarrow Achillea millefolium var. millefolium
- 5 Sneezewort Yarrow, Sneezeweed Achillea ptarmica
- 6 Goutweed Aegopodium podagraria
- 7 Crested Wheatgrass Agropyron pectiniforme (A. cristatum)
- 8 Agropyron sibericum
- 9 Quack Grass Agropyron repens
- 10 Creeping Bentgrass Agrostis stolonifera
- 11 Garlic Mustard Alliaria petiolata
- 12 Meadow Foxtail Alopecurus pratensis
- 13 Small Alyssum Alyssum alyssoides
- 14 Desert alyssum Alyssum desertorum
- 15 Yellow alyssum Alyssum murale
- 16 Powell's Amaranth Amaranthus powellii
- 17 Red-root Pigweed Amaranthus retroflexus
- 18 Common Ragweed Ambrosia artemisiifolia
- 19 Perennial Ragweed Ambrosia psilostachya
- 20 Great Ragweed Ambrosia trifida
- 21 Amur Peppervine Ampelopsis brevipedunculata
- 22 Fiddle-neck Amsinckia menziesii
Velvet-leaf Abutilon theophrasti
Manitoba Maple Acer negundo
Native prior to settlement, but rare. Domestic plantings are more common.
Norway Maple Acer platanoides
Exotic, not in ANHIC. USDA says it occurs in BC, ON (and points east) and can be invasive.
A. millefolium is listed as native by ANHIC but includes invasive exotic elements. USDA says var. millefolium is introduced in AB and can be weedy or invasive.
- Taxonomy of A. millefolium is not clear and it's not easy to separate native from introduced populations. Flora of North America treats it all as a single variable species (Alec).
Sneezewort Yarrow, Sneezeweed Achillea ptarmica
Goutweed Aegopodium podagraria
Exotic, not listed by ANHIC. USDA shows in BC and SK, and says it can be invasive.
Crested Wheatgrass Agropyron pectiniforme (A. cristatum)
- OK for cultivated pasture if not near natural areas, control elsewhere James B Posey.
- Very persistent where planted, does not seem to spread rapidly (Alec).
Quack Grass Agropyron repens
Elytrigia repens in ANHIC
Creeping Bentgrass Agrostis stolonifera
Garlic Mustard Alliaria petiolata
Exotic, not listed by ANHIC. USDA shows it in BC and ON (and points east). Seriously invasive where it occurs.
- I think there is climatic modelling suggesting that this is not a big threat in AB (Alec).
Meadow Foxtail Alopecurus pratensis
Small Alyssum Alyssum alyssoides
Desert alyssum Alyssum desertorum
Yellow alyssum Alyssum murale
Powell's Amaranth Amaranthus powellii
Red-root Pigweed Amaranthus retroflexus
- Annual weed of disturbed/cultivated land, very widespread in AB. Not worth listing? (Alec.)
Common Ragweed Ambrosia artemisiifolia
Perennial Ragweed Ambrosia psilostachya
Great Ragweed Ambrosia trifida
Amur Peppervine Ampelopsis brevipedunculata
Exotic, not listed by ANHIC. USDA shows in eastern US, nowhere in Canada. Not listed by Darbyshire.