Tartary BuckwheatFagopyrum tataricum
- Moss, Flora of Alberta – Occasional
- Global Invasive Species Database – No
- NatureServe Rank – Not yet assessed
- Haber, Upland – No
- Haber, Wetland – No
- CWF, Status & Invasive Range – No
- Alberta Revegetation Guidelines – No
- The Nature Conservancy – No
- CBCN – No
- AB Weed – No
An agricultural nuisance, but not reported to be invasive in established native vegetation.
Edible: use seeds cooked as cereal, or grind and use as flour---similar to commercial Buckwheat flour. Some people are allergic.
Szczawinski & Turner, Edible Garden Weeds of Canada, ISBN 0-88902-752-8